The Rambling Rebel
I'm so sick and tired of hearing people complain about 2016. Yes we get it some bad things happen now shut the fuck up. With that said it wasn't the best sporting year for my teams. Rangers got bounced in the first round of the playoffs, Ole Miss didn't make a bowl, and some more bad stuff happened. Now while all that’s grim we also had the Giants make the playoffs for the first time in 4 years, the Rangers are cooking and Ole Miss well they may be good next year. So without further delay here are my favorite sporting moments from 2016.
5. Rangers stomp on the isles in the first game of the season: Yaaaaaas slay. This Rangers team has been electric all year and no win was better than the first. After an abismal season watching the Rangers play like champions was awesome. While the defense left much to desire it showed that the new signings were gonna be big players on a young team while the veterans made everyone why they didn't get traded.
4. Ole Miss comes back against Texas A&M: This was the last time I had hope for this team. Ole Miss stumbled into this game after a terrible start, and it looked like the end for the team. Nothing was working but then the second half came around. All of a sudden the defense started stepping up, and we had our young new QB scoring left and right. With some Johnny Manzeil moves Shea Patterson showed exactly why Ole Miss fans should be excited for the future. This moment would have been higher if Ole Miss actually did anything after this game, but they didn't so here we are.
3. Giants Clinch the Playoffs: This also would have been higher, but it came after a bad loss. Still though any time the Giants make the playoffs deserves to be on my lists. I remember dreading the thought of rooting for the Cowboys in order for the Giants to make they playoffs but Drew Brees came out, and made sure I didn't have to. Fun fact I didn't actually watch that game I was at Christmas dinner but I'm sure it was cool.
2. Giants sweep the Cowboys: When we went into the Dallas game us Giants fans could smell an upset. The Cowboys came in cocky after winning 11 straight with good reason. Their Offense was playing at the highest level in the NFL and we just dropped a poorly played game to the Steelers. They had no idea what awaited them in the frozen tundra that is MetLife. Cold weather brings snow, and a scary ass defense took Dallas and crushed their hopes at revenge. I was actually at this game, and let me just say it was a lot of fun.
1. OLE MISS WINS THE SUGAR BOWL: We end our list on the first day of 2016. This game was fun to watch mostly because it was over by the second half. Nothing Oklahoma State did could stop us, which was the reverse seeing as our defense most times didn't let them past midfield. It was a day of celebration that we can all appreciate. Hopefully next year we can add some moments like this to our list.